37 people are interested
Provide Support and Comfort to Others at Life's End- San Pedro Area
ORGANIZATION: Providence TrinityCare Hospice
Please visit the new page to apply.
37 people are interested
Making a difference for those at the end of life can have a profound effect on our lives and the lives we touch. As a TrinityCare volunteer, you’ll work together with our palliative care and hospice team to meet the needs of each patient and their family. We serve both adults and children. There are many opportunities to share your unique talents and gifts, including:
- Legacy Art Program- for children and adults
- Heart Touch Program, or Healing Touch, use your training and gift of touch in the most powerful way possible: to help alleviate the pain and isolation
- Friendship Support- companionship, emotional support, errand running or simply sitting with patients to give family and caregivers a much needed break
- No One Dies Alone- support for those without family or loved ones at the end of life
- Memory Bears- creating and sewing bears as legacy gifts to comfort the bereaved
- Transportation- driving our van to help patients and family keep appointments
- Office/Administration- sharing your time and organizational skills to support our team
We provide orientation and training * Hours are flexible * Volunteer close to your home
Serving Los Angeles and Orange Counties with offices in Torrance and Cerritos. Apply by filling out the online application or call for more information, 800-829-8660 .
About Providence TrinityCare Hospice
5315 Torrance Boulevard, Suite B1, Torrance, CA 90503, US
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and the vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
We compassionately enter the lives of individuals faced with the realities of suffering, loss, death and grief, to offer expert care and education, while respecting each person's choices, values and beliefs.
For more than a half-century, Providence TrinityCare has provided quality and compassionate care to the chronically ill, the terminally ill and those nearing end-of-life, through palliative care and hospice programs. An innovative leader in this growing field, TrinityCare and it's TrintiyKids Care pediatric hospice program, are recognized nationally for advances in advocating for patients throughout Los Angeles and Orange counties. It is the goal of TrinityCare to provide comfort, care and support to make life as normal as possible for those whom it serves by giving patients and their families access to a continuum of total care. Providence TrinityCare is supported by a dedicated team of volunteers who give of their time to reach out to these vulnerable patients. To become a volunteer, go to the online application or call 800-829-8660 .
17315 Studebaker RoadSte 101Cerritos, CA 90734
January 17, 2023
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Drug and health screen is required at no cost