Volunteers Needed to Work with Victims of Intimate Partner Violence
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
955 people are interested
- Answering 24-Hour Hotline
- Supporting victims of domestic violence at court, the hospital, and other appointments
- Providing office support (filing, translation of forms and other materials, general office assistance)
- Assisting in the Children's Program by reading to a group, tutoring, offering homework assistance, making crafts, and other activities
- Preparing outreach material
- Requesting wish list items from potential donors
- Creating an itemized list of donations/Organizing donations
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Angel Step Inn Domestic Violence Emergency Shelter
11500 Paramount Boulevard, Downey, CA 90241, US
To prevent and reduce the co-existing domestic violence and substance addiction in Los Angeles County.
The Angel Step Inn Domestic Violence Emergency Shelter is a program of Southern California Alcohol and Drug Programs, Inc. The shelter provides safety for victims of domestic violence with a history of using alcohol and other drugs. Victims of domestic violence can enter our shelter with or without children to find safety from intimate partner violence. Our domestic violence services include shelter, a 24-hour hotline with crisis counseling, safety planning, and referral to community services in Los Angeles County. Our 45-day emergency crisis shelter provides group education (for both domestic violence and substance addiction), court accompaniment, assistance with filing restraining orders, and lots of individual support to the residents residing at the shelter. We also assist our domestic violence survivors with transitioning to treatment or long-term shelter programs after 45-days.
We'll work with your schedule.
Confidential LocationLos Angeles, CA 90012
- Crisis Intervention
- Child Care
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Available a minimum of 8 hours per week.