What's Your Impact (WYI) is looking for people who want to find a way to put their French skills to use to help the environment! WYI is an environmental awareness group whose main goal is to inform people about global warming and what they can do about it as individuals.
Through your language skills people in francophone countries will learn more about what they can do to stop climate change and discover various green tips that they can use in their daily lives to fight global warming. With your help, we can fight climate change around the world.
If you excel in reading and writing in French, as well as in English and are looking for a challenge then join our team!
This is also available as a virtual volunteer opportunity.
- Translate texts or website content from English to French.
- Proofread and edit texts, multimedia and Website content.
- Respect project deadlines and formatting guidelines set by management.
- Fluent in French as well as English.
- Excellent writing skills in French.
- Able to use word processing tools such as Microsoft Word.
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS would be an asset.
Job Location: Montreal or E-Work/Telecommuting
Time Commitment: Our volunteers are required to do 1-2 hours of work per week but we use a team approach so that the workload is flexible based on the time our volunteers can give us. On any given week you are in control of how many hours you volunteer. During that time we are always available for questions and any other support we can offer.
Employment Type: Volunteer Position. This is a great opportunity for those who wish to support a great cause within the non-profit sector, and expand their experience in the field.
Volunteering with What's Your Impact, what's in it for me?
1) Working alongside individuals who share your values and are passionate about the environment
2) Gaining valuable experience working in the non-profit sector
3) Having the ability to work on projects that match your passions
4) Expanding your professional portfolio/CV
5) Professional reference letter based on performance after a minimum of 8 weeks of volunteering
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment