Is conveying the true meaning your "joie de vivre"? Want to use your finesse in French to help the environment?
Then we want you on the team!
What's Your Impact (WYI) is an environmental awareness group whose main goal is to inform people about global warming and what they can do about it as individuals.
Your strong translation abilities will aid people in French-speaking countries to learn more about what they can do to stop climate change and discover various green tips that they can use in their daily lives.
If using your skills to help fight climate change around the world interests you then apply today!
This is also available as a virtual volunteer opportunity.
- Translate content from English to French, relaying the style and tone of the original content (texts or multimedia).
- Proofread and edit translations to ensure it is culturally and linguistically adapted to suit the reader.
- Provide consistent translations to ensure WYI's brand and voice is accurately represented in French.
- Respect project deadlines and formatting guidelines set by the team.
- Fluent in French as well as English.
- Excellent writing skills and command of grammar in French.
- Good understanding of French localisation and country-specific linguistic cultures.
- Education and experience in translation or translation studies would be an asset.
- Comfortable using word processing tools such as Microsoft Office or OpenOffice.
Job Location: Montreal or E-Work/Telecommuting
Time Commitment: You are in control. Our volunteers are required to do 1-2 hours of work per week. We use a team approach so that the workload is flexible based on the time you can give us on a given week. That way you are in control of how many hours you volunteer.
Employment Type: Volunteer Position. Support a cause you are passionate about all while expanding your professional experience.
Volunteering with What's Your Impact, what's in it for me?
1) Working alongside individuals who share your values and are passionate about the environment
2) Gaining valuable experience working in the non-profit sector
3) Having the ability to work on projects that match your passions
4) Expanding your professional portfolio/CV
5) Professional reference letter based on performance after a minimum of 8 weeks of volunteering
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment