The After-School Tutor at Adelante Hispanic Achievers provides tutoring and homework help for Adelante students, and is fundamental in helping the students to reach their academic potential.
1. Tutors and assists middle school students, either one-on-one or in small groups, with homework assignments in various subjects.
2. Guides students through homework help, skill-practice, group activities, and other basic skills-development activities.
3. Help staff develop new educational activities based on student needs and interests.
4. Acts as a mentor and role model to students.
5. Reports students' progress through the use of a tutoring log, filled out after each week's tutoring session.
The After-School tutor will serve approximately 1.5 hours per week:
Wednesdays, 3:15-5:00 at Lassiter Middle School
Thursdays, 3:15-5:00 at Lassiter Middle School
- Literacy / Reading
- Math / Science Instruction
- Reading / Writing
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 15
- Orientation or Training
- 2 Hours Weekly