1. Mentors and assists middle- and high-school age Latino students during Adelante’s various Saturday activities, which include, but are not limited to: educational field trips, career exploration, workshops facilitated by local professionals and educators, academic activities, and community service.
2. Participates in large group activities, leads smaller groups of students, or works with students one-on-one, as needed.
3. Acts as a positive adult role model to students.
4. Assists with tracking of student progress and maintains regular communication with student to address his/her academic and personal needs.
5. Maintains communication with Volunteer Coordinator regarding availability to volunteer on any given Saturday.
The Saturday morning tutor will serve approximately 3 hours per week*:
Saturdays 10:30 am - 2:00 pm*
*Hours are flexible and vary week to week, depending upon the day’s activities. See program schedule for more details.
- Youth Services
- Literacy / Reading
- Math / Science Instruction
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3 hrs/week - on Saturdays and 75% min. attendance