Public transportation can be a confusing system, especially refugees learning a new language and culture. . Help a refugee by helping them learn to navigate UTA routes they would take from their house to the grocery store, doctor's office, school, etc. Learning and understanding public transportation is an important step towards self-sufficiency for Utah Health and Human Rights clients. Mentorship commitment varies on the amount of time a client needs to fully understand their needed routes. The volunteer should be able to commit about 2 hrs/week and be comfortable working with individuals with little or no English. All bus and train fares will be reimbursed and limited mileage reimbursement is available.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-3 months (2 hrs/week)
- Ability to Navigate the UTA public transit system
- Mentor for LGBT Refugees and...
- Mentor Refugee Children!
- UHHR/Big Brother Big Sister for...
- Help Refugees rebuild their...
- Medication Case Management...
- Transportation Assistant for...
- English Conversation Mentor for...
- Office Manager/Receptionist
- UTA Transportation Mentor for...
- Refugee/new Immigrant Befriender
- Volunteer Driver
- UHHR/ Big Brother Big Sister for...
- Childcare for Refugees