You will be the volunteer to assist patients as they arrive and depart from the Ambulatory Care Center (ACC). You will also prepare the ACC unit for patients by stocking supplies, readying stretchers and making patient folders. A friendly and outgoing volunteer will excel in the ACC area due to lots of interaction with patients, families and staff. Volunteer in ACC on Monday afternoon, Tuesday mid-day, Thursday morning or Friday afternoon and make a positive difference.
Free valet and self parking, volunteer jackets are purchased through the volunteer services department for $22. TB screening, flu shot and criminal background check are required and provided at no cost.
Volunteer do not need hospital experience but must feel confortable in a health care setting.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 3 - 4 hours per week
- TB screening and flu vaccinaton (offered free)
- W.A.G.S. Gift Shop Volunteer
- Mail Room/Store Room
- Shuttle Bus Greeter
- Pet Therapy Volunteer Team
- Community Nutrition Liaison
- Cheermobile Volunteer
- "Healing Hearts" Cardiac Patient...
- Ambulatory Care Center Volunteer
- Information Desk Volunteer
- Radiology Patient Transportation
- Cardiology Support Volunteer