POSITION: Graphic Designer
Time Commitment: 3-6 months; 10-15 hrs/week
Reports to: Executive Director
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Priority of working on the marketing material for our upcoming Water Workshop
- Ensure all visual elements of the SSV website and related print materials are consistent in fonts, colors, and layout .
- Update marketing materials as requested by Program Manager or Executive Director.
Qualities and Skills:
- 1-2 years' experience in graphic design, preferably in web design and newsletters.
- Experienced in Adobe Illustrator and InDesign.
- Experienced in working with PC or Mac and standard office applications (e.g. MS Word, MSPowerPoint and MS Excel).
- Experienced in viewing, uploading, and organizing Google Doc files
- Aptitude for learning new computer tools and interfaces quickly.
- Dependable, motivated professional, used to take on responsibility, communicating clearly and producing agreed upon results reliably.
- Ability to collaborate in a team setting and contribute to team goals.
- Good communication skills in interaction with partners, colleagues and visitors.
- Experience with HTML & CSS
About the position:
This is a volunteer position which enables qualified candidates to gather experience and to prove their capabilities in a non-profit organization environment in the field of sustainability. The ideal candidate should commit a minimum of 8-12 hours per week working at the SSV Santa Clara office location. It is preferred that the candidate has his/her own laptop and communications tools.
In return for the volunteer hours, the benefits to the volunteer candidate may include: job reference letter from the Executive Director of SSV, experience gained while volunteering on various projects, networking opportunities, and current resume entry. Most importantly, you will be helping the organization work towards its vision of a sustainable region, a thriving economy, a healthy environment and socially equitable community.
The graphic designer will work closely with the EcoCloud team, primarily with the web developer and marketing manager, to maintain a cohesive look to all visual elements of the EcoCloud site and related print materials in terms of font, colors, layout, and images. Additionally, the graphic designer will develop the visual elements and layout of marketing materials such as newsletters and booth displays, as needed.
About Sustainable Silicon Valley (SSV):
Founded in 2000, Sustainable Silicon Valley is a nonprofit dedicated to addressing tough sustainability challenges. SSV brings together leading tech companies, cities, counties, and research and educational institutions to solve sustainability issues that cannot be solved alone. SSV envisions a net positive Bay Area by 2050 where we produce more energy than we consume, sequester more carbon than we emit, and optimize water resources to ensure water resilience. Our strategy is to facilitate measurable projects, education, events, and policies that deliver solutions by activating SSV’s member network to reach the net positive Bay Area goals. Membership with SSV is a great avenue to share knowledge and connect with leaders in the Silicon Valley
To apply, please submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Environmental Policy
- Graphic Design
- Graphic Design/Visual Identity
- Graphic Design / Print
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- 3-6 months, 10-15 hours per week