The goal of the Illinois SMP (Senior Medicare Patrol) program is to empower Medicare and Medicaid beneficiaries to protect themselves from health care fraud. To accomplish this goal, the SMP Program relies on the skills of its volunteers to educate consumers in Illinois about health care fraud.
Illinois SMP volunteers educate consumers on fraud protection through one or more of the following activities as approved by SMP staff:
- Distributing SMP materials and information to sites or at events
- Providing office assistance
- Staffing a table or booth to provide general SMP information at events, such as health or senior fairs
- Giving presentations on SMP and health care fraud topics
- Meeting one-on-one with beneficiaries to assist them in reading and understanding their health care statements and bills
SMP Volunteers help spread the SMP message across the state of Illinois by volunteering in their own communities through their local SMP partner agency. Contact AgeOptions from anywhere in Illinois for more information or for the local SMP partner agency serving your community. Also visit www.illinoissmp.org.
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Data Entry
- Public Speaking
- Administrative Support
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment