- Enthusiastic responsible adult
- Love the outdoors and enjoy working with children
- Energy, sense of humor, passion, commitment to sustainable living
- Previous experience with kids (preschool and/or K-5 th) helpful
- Background in the natural sciences helpful
- 1st Aid/CPR training helpful
- Help staff instruct daycamps for children ages 3-4, 4 to 5, 6 to 8, or 8 to 11 years old.
- Assist with and/or lead nature study, outdoor adventures, scientific discovery, games, storytelling, and crafts.
- Attend training sessions prior to the start of camp.
Training: Training sessions cover natural history, teaching skills, leadership, and safety. Trainings are offered June 16 & 17, 10 am-2 pm at our site in Alton Baker Park. Alternative training dates are TBD.
Dates and Times: Summer Daycamps run in weekly sessions, Monday-Friday, June 18th-August 31st. Each session has a unique theme. Camps run either three hours per day (9 am to noon or from 1-4 pm) or all day (9 am-4 pm). (See www.nearbynature.org/programs/daycamps.)
Credit Options: Interns can arrange to earn credits through individual professors or other appropriate departments at area colleges.
To Apply: Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please note in your letter when you are available this summer.
Questions: Contact ShyAnne Groberg, Education Coordinator at Nearby Nature: 541-687-9699 x 2 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Child Development
- Environmental Education
- Outdoor Recreation
- Environmental Science
- Teaching / Instruction
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Min one week (20 hours) -- prefer multiple weeks