I. Position Description: Event Planning and PR Intern
This position will involve assisting with the planning, coordination and promotion of events (such as job fairs, meetings, and summit conferences) for The Environmental Community and its member organizations. Incumbents may also be exposed to Finance, Operations, Marketing and Sales, Human Resources and Information Technology. This position reports to an Event Coordinator or the Event Manager, as assigned. This position requires a minimum time commitment of 20 hours per week.
II. Event Planning Responsibilities will include:
- Conduct research for prospective meeting location/sites/venues, including meeting and exhibit space, lodging, food and beverages, telecommunications, audio-visual requirements, transportation, security, and any other event necessities.
- Assist with management/tracking/documentation of event communications.
- Participate in event budgetary/financial planning and management
- Aid Event Coordinators and Managers with the coordination and delivery of meeting logistics and support services.
- Assist in updating events through a detailed calendar, maintaining and updating timelines, and participating in some negotiations.
III. Public Relations and Marketing Responsibilities will include:
- Participate in the development of marketing, outreach and PR strategies for TEC Events.
- Research and summarize free and low cost marketing and advertising opportunities to promote the assigned event(s.)
- Assist in the development and/or distribution of press releases, advertisements and public service announcements for the assigned event(s.)
- Update/maintain assigned event websites and social media accounts.
- Compile and submit assigned reports and attend event meetings as assigned.
IV. Additional Responsibilities
Interns may also be assigned to projects in the Finance, Operations, Marketing and Sales, Human Resources and Information Technology departments. Assignments will be made based upon organizational needs and the interests, skills and experience of individual interns, with the goal of exposing each intern to a variety of business-related specialties.
- Basic Computer Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Executive Assistant - Corporate...
- Gulf Wetlands Intern
- Applications and Infrastructure...
- Animal Rights Manager
- Administrative Assistant - ...
- Social Change Leader
- Environmental Health Manager
- Events Coordinator-Education
- Administrative Assistant
- Graphic Artist:
- Communication Managers
- Chapter & Club Managers
- Financial Planning Manager
- Web TV Media Assistant Manager
- Eco-Points Website (EPW) Manager
- Environmental Presenter
- Wildlife Corridors Assistant...
- Networks Development Manager
- Planning Manager
- Investment Banker