I. People-Power and Eco Job Corps
People-Power and Eco Job Corps are the non-profit and for-profit HR agencies that support the Environmental Community and its member organizations. We offer a wealth of opportunities for people searching for a new career, internship or volunteer opportunity. We are a synergistic group that provides powerful tools, strategies, and opportunities to facilitate positive change, and will enable you to create a fresh new strategy for your career.
II. Position Objective
The HR Recruiter will meet TEC and member organization staffing objectives by recruiting new interns and volunteers, responding to candidate inquiries, accepting applications, evaluating candidates, and documenting the hiring and selection process according to TEC policies and procedures. Incumbents in this position will aid Human Resource Managers and members of the senior leadership team. This position requires a minimum time commitment of 20 hours per week.
III. Main Duties/Responsibilities of the position:
- Assists the HR Manager(s) with staffing analysis to determine staffing needs and priorities.
- Builds applicant pool by continually researching potential candidate sources, including colleges, job boards, volunteer/internship websites, social media sites and professional associations.
- Attracts applicants by placing job advertisements on all relevant job boards, websites, and social media accounts.
- Communicates with applicants according to established TEC policy and procedures. Responds to candidate inquiries within 24 hours, requesting Fast Track Application and copying appropriate staff.
- Disseminates company and position information, as instructed by the HR Management Team.
- Updates the Applicant Tracking Database daily.
- Reviews applications and evaluates candidate qualifications according to screening criteria provided by the HR Management Team. Discusses applicant qualifications with HR Managers.
- Arranges/schedules selection interviews for HR Manager(s.) Updates calendars. Sends notifications.
- Drafts offer letters using template, as instructed by HR Manager(s), and confirms new hire details. Advises HR Managers and Senior Management Team of new hire details.
- Provides New Hire Packet (updated from template in HR Portal) and schedules Orientation.
- May supervise HR Interns, to include conducting orientation & training, assigning and monitoring work, coaching interns, and advising HR Managers of intern progress, performance and coaching.
- Documents the hiring and selection process according to TEC policies and procedures.
- Prepares periodic reports for HR Manager(s) and the Senior Management Team.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in professional development opportunities.
- Conducts research on various Human Resources topics, as assigned.
- Participate in staff meetings, seminars, and events, as requested.
- Basic Computer Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Executive Assistant - Corporate...
- Gulf Wetlands Intern
- Applications and Infrastructure...
- Animal Rights Manager
- Administrative Assistant - ...
- Social Change Leader
- Environmental Health Manager
- Events Coordinator-Education
- Administrative Assistant
- Graphic Artist:
- Communication Managers
- Chapter & Club Managers
- Financial Planning Manager
- Web TV Media Assistant Manager
- Eco-Points Website (EPW) Manager
- Environmental Presenter
- Wildlife Corridors Assistant...
- Networks Development Manager
- Planning Manager
- Investment Banker