Warren Village residents are required to attend three Life Skills Classes per month as a part of their program agreement. With the support of volunteers, we are able to offer 400+ classes to our parents each year. Classes are led by volunteers who have knowledge or skills in a specific area that would be useful to our residents. Topics range from financial literacy to budgeting, calendar management to empowerment, couponing to composting, and everything in between.
- When: Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday evenings, 6:30--8:00PM. No classes the first week of the month, no classes in December. Weekends and special events require prior approval.
- Frequency: A series of classes (1 per quarter, 1 per month, etc) is preferred to a single class.
- Volunteer Orientation and Background Screening required
- Child Development
- Program Management
- Adult Education
- Business Development
- Group Facilitation
- Family Therapy
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Computer Basics Tutor
- 2017 All-Star Luncheon...
- Group Opportunity- Host Family...
- Teacher, Adult Life Skills Classes
- Adult Math Tutors Needed
- Dude Days at Warren Village
- Evening Childcare @ Warren Village
- Singing Lessons with Kids Club
- Brainwave Tutoring Program
- Pre-Med/Medical Professional...
- Community Nights at First Step
- Evening Child Care @ First Step