Warren Village residents are required to attend three Life Skills Classes per month as a part of their program agreement. With the support of volunteers, we are able to offer 400+ classes to our parents each year. Classes are led by volunteers who have knowledge or skills in a specific area that would be useful to our residents. Topics range from financial literacy to budgeting, calendar management to empowerment, couponing to composting, and everything in between.
- When: Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday evenings, 6:30--7:55PM. No classes the first week of the month, no classes in December. Weekends and special events require prior approval.
- Frequency: A series of classes (1 per quarter, 1 per month, etc) is preferred to a single class.
- Volunteer Orientation and Background Screening required
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Host Family Night at Warren...
- Teacher, Adult Life Skills Classes
- Evening Childcare @ Warren Village
- Holiday Party Childcare
- Housing Office Receptionist
- Adult Math Tutors Needed
- Dude Days at Warren Village
- Singing Lessons with Kids Club
- Pre-Med/Medical Professional...
- Community Nights at First Step
- Tutoring Adults
- Evening Child Care @ First Step