63 people are interested
63 people are interested
Position Summary: The vigil volunteer is responsible for providing social and emotional support to terminally ill patients (and their families) in the active stages of dying. This volunteer can work with people of various religious faiths and cultures.
Due to the unpredictable nature of patients transitioning there is not set schedule between the volunteer and patients. Volunteers in this role work as called upon. Additionally, experienced volunteers are preferred due to the nature of the position.
- Visits patients to offer end-of-life support.
- Provides physical presence and emotional support when in the active stages of dying or transition.
- Provides emotional support to any family present with patient.
- Provides emotional and social support in a non-judgmental manner that fulfills the needs of the patient and/or their family.
- Calls for clinical support if patient shows signs of pain.
- Works collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrate understanding of and adherence to professional Codes of Ethics and related organizational policies.
- Adhere to practice of confidentiality regarding patients, families, staff, and the organization.
- Adheres to and participates in mandatory HIPAA privacy practices and ethics compliance practices.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and working relationship with staff members, volunteers, patients and families.
- Carries out duties and responsibilities of position in a manner that exemplifies excellent customer service.
About Amity Care Hospice
161 Village Pkwy NE, Bldg 7, Marietta, GA 30067, US
Our mission is to respect the inherent value of patients and families dealing with a life limiting illness; to provide holistic care that nurtures the body, mind, and spirit; to honor their choices; and to promote peace in the midst of transition.
Who We Serve
Amity Care Hospice, cares for those faced with a life-limiting illness, which may include a wide variety of end stage diseases including advanced cardiac disorders, advanced respiratory disorders, cancer, end stage Alzheimer's, and many others. We also serve the families of our patients, recognizing they are in need of support when facing the loss of a loved one.
We do this regardless of our patient's ability to pay, and without regard to race, color, religions, age, sex, handicap (mental or physical), gender preference, and/or place of origin. These are hospice standards.
Because family is one of our core values, our Amity Care staff cares for our patients and families with the same tenderness, love, and compassion we would members of our own family. We recognize transition as a sacred moment in time and work to maintain it so that our families might experience peace in the midst of transition.
Where We Serve
Many think that hospice is a place. In reality, it is a philosophy of care offered those facing a life limiting illness. Amity Care Hospice cares for those faced with a life-limiting illness in the comfort of their own home whether that is in a private residence, assisted living or skilled nursing facility, personal care home, or boarding home.
While Amity Care Hospice's office is located in Marietta, Ga our service area is a 50 mile radius from the center point.
161 Village Parkway NEMarietta, GA 30067
August 29, 2021
- People Skills
- Elder care
- Bereavement Support
- Hospice Care
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Due to the unpredictable nature of patients transitioning there is not set schedule between the volunteer and patients. Volunteers in this role work as called upon.