Portland OR Micro-Community: Volunteer Rent Reduction
25 people are interested
After our eco-community Hedonisia Hawaii (hedonisiahawaii.com) was destroyed by the Kilauea eruption in May 2018, we moved to Portland OR.
Mojo, the Community Director of Hedonisia lives there part-time and is managing our Crowdfund Campaign to Rebuild Hedonisia Hawaii when it is feasible.
Portland is one of the most eco-friendly, feminist, progressive, intellectual, sex-positive and idealistic cities in America! The city is in almost complete alignment with many of the projects we work on in our EcoFeminist Entrepreneur Web Portfolio .
As a high tech feminist city with its own 'Women in tech' meetup, Portland gives us a platform to go global with our web projects and community ideas.
We have a 2 bedroom apartment in SE Portland.
1) EcoFeministEntrepreneur.com: Creating products and services to support gender equality.
2) SextoSavetheWorld.org: How to work with feminism and sexuality to address social problems.
3) EcoSensual.org: Sensual natural birth control methods for women and couples.
4) NaturalMiscarriage.org: Reproductive Rights Information for Women.
4) TantricGanja.com: A marijuana based aphrodisiac for couples and singles.
When we live with a like-minded roommate, we are in a sense, creating a tiny apartment 'micro-community' that complements our larger jungle community in Hawaii! Applicants with writing, research or tech skills who are interested in volunteer work on any of our web projects can do so in exchange for a reduction in rent!
This rental is $650 a month for a private room or $400 for a pop-up tent which we have set up in the living room.
However, for every hour you work on any of our web projects, we lower the rent by $20 up to a maximum of $100 rent reduction per month! However, if you are especially skilled, we can offer more hours for a greater reduction!
However, it is not necessary to be a resident. You can simply visit and volunteer with us at the apartment!
- Hedonisia Eco-Feminist Web Portfolio: These are the feminist entrepreneur sites managed by our community that deal with subjects such as reproductive rights, eco-feminist, female empowerment, and sex-positive feminism! Volunteers work on research, writing, database and site updates.
- Video Editing: We create and edit many educational and instructional videos for our web projects. If you are proficient with video editing let us know!
- Tech Volunteer. Especially for eco-feminists with advanced WordPress, Social Media or SEO experience, we have volunteer work for you!
To find out more or to make an appointment for viewing please use the form below or call Mojo at 808-269-2825.
Wishing you much aloha in Portland!
If you are interested or have questions, feel free to apply!
This residential volunteer position is perfect for creatives! Artists, social entrepreneurs, computer workers, tech workers, writers or musicians will have ample time and space to do their own work while helping with our projects!
About Hedonisia EcoFeminist Community
6404 SE Division St, Portland, OR 97206, US
At the Hedonisia Hawaii EcoFeminist Community we have fun in paradise but we are not blind to the world's problems! We create social entrepreneur educational resources, products and services as part of our mission. Our range of Activist, EcoFeminist and EcoSex products, services and campaigns can be found at: hedonisia.com
Hedonisia Hawaii EcoFeminist Community was started in 2004 as a rainforest eco-community with ecofeminism and ecotourism as our economic foundation.
We are idealist but also pragmatic. Through our philosophy of activist and feminist enterprise, we seek business solutions to various problems in the world.
Though our community is small, the projects we work on have a global reach. One of our feminist web projects provides women around the world with information on reproductive choice.
It has been accessed by over one million women over the past decade and, as reported by women themselves, saved many lives by giving them access to reproductive choice.
However, with our location in the paradise that is Hawaii we also practice 'pleasureable activism', we try to do our bit to 'save the world' but we also try to enjoy ourselves at the same time. It is the reason we call our community 'Hedonisia'!
On May 26, 2018 the Hedonisia Community was destroyed by lava flow from the Kilauea Volcanic eruption. We temporarily relocated to Portland OR where we continue work on our web projects.
We have started a crowdfund campaign to return our community to Hawaii when it's possible: GoFundMe/SaveHedonisia
In the meantime, we are preparing to return. In Dec 2019 we will be building our first post-volcano Eco-Hut in Hawaii: hedonisiahawaii.com/hedonisia-solitude-artist-creative-colony/
We welcome you to support our Community Rebirth! Aloha.
We'll work with your schedule.
6404 SE Division StPortland, OR 97206
- Public Relations
- Internet Research
- Business Development
- Website Programming
- Reading / Writing
- Web Design
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Up to 5 hours a month
- Writing or research experience. Liberal arts education. Wordpress experience.