Business Consulting - Human Resources Intern
I. People-Power and Eco Job Corps
People-Power and Eco Job Corps are the non-profit and for-profit HR agencies that support the Environmental Community and its member organizations. We offer a wealth of opportunities for people searching for a new career, internship or volunteer opportunity. We are a synergistic group that provides powerful tools, strategies, and opportunities to facilitate positive change, and will enable you to create a fresh new strategy for your career.
II. Position Description: Business Consulting - Human Resources Intern
This position will primarily involve providing human resources support to the Environmental Community and its member organizations, but incumbents will also be exposed to Finance, Operations, Marketing and Sales. Incumbents in this position will aid Human Resource Managers and members of the senior leadership team. This position requires a minimum time commitment of 20 hours per week.
III. Human Resources Responsibilities
Initial responsibilities will include:
- Assist the HR Management Team in the development and implementation of recruitment, staffing, employee relations, training and professional development strategies.
- Assist with development and evaluation of HR systems, policies, goals and objectives.
- Review employment and internship applications and evaluate candidates according to criteria provided by the HR Management Team.
- Respond to candidate inquiries and disseminate company and position information, as instructed by the HR Management Team.
- Schedule interviews for the HR Managers on a routine basis
- Process, maintain and document HR recruitment, staffing, and training/development activities, including:
- Updating the Applicant Tracking Database daily.
- Preparing HR reports for upper-management monthly.
- Auditing the human resources database bi-monthly.
- Arrange for online advertising/posting of positions, as instructed by the HR Management Team.
- Conduct research on various Human Resources topics, as assigned.
- Participate in staff meetings, seminars, and events, as requested.
IV. Education and Experience
This position requires incumbents to be currently enrolled in a two or four year program at an accredited college or university. Must be able to work independently, possess excellent oral and written communication skills and display strong computer skills, including proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point. Prefer incumbents with related experience in HR.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Executive Assistant - Corporate...
- Gulf Wetlands Intern
- Applications and Infrastructure...
- Animal Rights Manager
- Administrative Assistant - ...
- Social Change Leader
- Environmental Health Manager
- Events Coordinator-Education
- Administrative Assistant
- Graphic Artist:
- Communication Managers
- Chapter & Club Managers
- Financial Planning Manager
- Web TV Media Assistant Manager
- Eco-Points Website (EPW) Manager
- Environmental Presenter
- Wildlife Corridors Assistant...
- Networks Development Manager
- Planning Manager
- Investment Banker