Provide foster care in your home for animals that are not ready for adoption for a specific period of time.
- Provide loving, safe home for animals who are not ready for adoption (i.e. puppies and kittens that are too young, animals with injuries who need to recover, nursing mothers who need to stay with babies until weaned, animals that are minimally socialized, older animals that need a less stressful environment).
- Daily care and feeding.
- Administration of any required medications.
- Perform socialization activities, as required.
- May require the ability to keep the animal(s) separate from others in the household.
- Affection for animals and concern for their welfare.
- Familiarity with animals and knowledge of animal behavior.
- Comfort and ability to work with animals of unknown disposition and those who may exhibit medical and other problems, as well as aggressive tendencies.
- Time and energy to give the appropriate attention and care.
- Willingness and ability to administer medications as needed.
- Janitorial Maintenance
- Animal Care / Handling
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training