Sponsor a Moving Home Drive
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
11 people are interested
On The Rise is in search of Moving Home Drive donors to purchase basic household items for a formerly homeless woman as she moves into her apartment and celebrates this exciting new chapter in her life. With your help, a woman can get settled quickly and continue to work on the challenges that surrounded her homelessness, like medical concerns, employment, legal issues, and mental health.
On The Rise will send you a bio of the woman you are helping and her personal wishlist through RightGift. You purchase the items on the site, have them delivered to your home, and then drop them off to On The Rise. One of our advocates will bring everything to the woman’s house and help her set up. The list generally includes household items and small appliances, not furniture. Please note, by the time you receive a wishlist a woman is already living in her new apartment with little to no housewares, so a fairly quick turnaround time is helpful to her.
A few guidelines:
- Drives need to be completed and delivered to On The Rise.
- Our staff work closely with each woman to make sure that her list only includes the items she really needs to make her home feel like a fresh start filled with hope and new possibilities. We ask that you help us:
1. Ensure that the donated items are on the woman's wish list (if you have additional items or extras please let us know before bringing to On The Rise so we can find out if they are wanted)
2. Accept only NEW items, and when noted ensure that "like new" items are really in excellent condition.
- We welcome gift cards to home stores that a woman can use to purchase items for herself to supplement missing items from her list.
To get started, contact Madison Porter, Development & Engagement Coordinator at 617-497-7968 x 36 or email@example.com
About On The Rise, Inc.
341 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139, US
On The Rise supports the initiative and strength of women living in crisis or homelessness. In a physically and psychologically safe environment, we build the relationships and provide the tools that each woman needs to rise to her potential.
On The Rise is dedicated to working with women who lack a permanent and secure, psychologically and physically safe space to live and whose needs cannot be fully addressed by traditional providers.
Our goal is to offer services that enable these women to increase their sense of self-efficacy and to move off the streets. We focus on building interdependent relationships that help hold the women together, that help them sustain growth, and that support and nurture improvements in quality of life. We help women craft solutions for their individual situations and actively involve homeless and formerly homeless women in the design and implementation of our program.
Our Outreach/Safe Haven program provides tangible aid and long-term, broad-based support to women. The program is centered around our daytime Safe Haven, which:
- Provides a psychologically and physically safe space six days a week where women can begin to explore the steps they need to take to leave the streets and increase their quality of life;
- Offers long-term, broad-based support as women take these steps;
- Eases women's access of and transition into more specialized programs and eventually off the streets;
- Helps each woman rise to her full individual potential in her own way and at her own pace;
- Builds community among a diverse group of women;
- Helps women reintegrate into the larger community in meaningful ways.
We also work to build coalitions and collaborations with other agencies and the larger community through community outreach and education, and joint projects. By connecting with other providers, we are able to help women gain access to shelter and specialized services while we concentrate our resources on what we do best: building relationships with and providing support to our communityÃ¢Â Â s most disenfranchised women. Each year, 400 women have contact with On The Rise, and 150 to 200 work with us in-depth for an extended period. Since our programming began in 1996, On The Rise has helped more than 750 women find safety and discover new possibilities. What we do is different, and it works. We are innovative, we are effective, and we are accountable.
We'll work with your schedule.
341 BroadwayCambridge, MA 02139
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- 3-4 week turnover rate