Moving Home Drive Leader
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
7 people are interested
On The Rise is in search of a Moving Home Drive leaders to collect basic household items for a formerly homeless woman as she moves into her new apartment and celebrates this exciting new chapter in her life. With your help, a woman can get settled quickly and continue to work on the challenges that surrounded her homelessness, like medical concerns, employment, legal issues, and mental health.
On The Rise will send you a bio of the woman you are helping and her personal wishlist. You coordinate the drive for new items from her list and deliver them to On The Rise. in roughly a 3-week period. We will bring everything to the woman’s house. The list generally includes household items and small appliances, not furniture. Please note, by the time you receive a wishlist a woman is already living in her new apartment with little to no housewares, so a fairly quick turnaround time is helpful to her.
A few guidelines:
- We ask that all items are new.
- Drives need to be completed and delivered to On The Rise within 3 weeks.
- Our staff work closely with each woman to make sure that her list only includes the items she really needs to make her home feel like a fresh start filled with hope and new possibilities. We ask that you help us:
1. Ensure that the donated items are on the woman's wish list (if you have additional items or extras please let us know before bringing to On The Rise so we can find out if they are wanted)
2. Accept only NEW items, and when noted ensure that "like new" items are really in excellent condition.
- We welcome gift cards to home stores that a woman can use to purchase items for herself to supplement missing items from her list.
To get started, contact Keyton Sheely, Development & Engagement Coordinator at 617-497-7968 x 36 or email@example.com
We'll work with your schedule.
341 BroadwayCambridge, MA 02139
- People 55+