Many seniors and adults with disabilities want to stay in the comfort of their homes, but need extra support for their bodies, minds, and hearts. And their caregivers need a break to re-energize.
- Encourage movement during chair exercise
- Support the process of expression during art therapy
- Share joy during song circle
- Be there to fully hear and honor the memories triggered by an activity
- Enjoy the variety of new activities being created every week (Do you have a special talent you would like to share? Let us know.)
If you are excited to build relationships and are available weekdays between 10am and 3pm, this will be a very rewarding opportunity! Commit to one activity for 1-2 hours a week or 3-4 hours a week to sample several.
Be the one to engage a participant with dementia or traumatic brain injury. Break their social isolation by sharing laughter, movement, and conversation.
Program orientation and on-going feedback and coaching provided. Join a team of dedicated and fun staff in improving the lives others.
Lambert House, 2600 SE 170th Ave. Portland OR 97236
Marie Smith Center, 4616 N Albina St. Portland OR 97217
Volunteers of America Oregon’s Adult Day Services are a structured, comprehensive program designed to meet the needs of functionally and/or cognitively-impaired adults. We provide individually-planned service, supervision, social and related support services, and health monitoring in a protective setting during any part of a day, but less than 24-hour care.
- Elder care
- Relationship Building
- People Skills
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 2+ hrs/week between 10am - 3pm, M-F for 3 months