In Need of Caring, Compassionate Volunteers
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
67 people are interested
Have YOU ever wanted to bring comfort, joy, and support to the vulnerable? If your answer is YES then YOU are INVITED to become a part of a CARING AND COMPASSIONATE TEAM of hospice volunteers!
Hospice provides physical, emotional and spiritual support for terminally ill patients and their families. As little as a few hours a week can bring so much support to these patients and their families.
New hospice volunteers participate in free training that is available at your convenience. On average, hospice volunteers give 4-8 hours per month.
- Direct Care Volunteers- Includes services such as phone calls, in-home visits, running errands for patients, and activities like reading, praying, playing music, etc.
- Bereavement Support Volunteers- There are volunteers, ages 16 and older, who provide emotional support to families who have lost their loved one with hospice through phone calls, mail-outs (cards & letters) and home visits.
- Special Projects Volunteers- These are volunteers of any age who are part of a group or work independently to provide support to the office staff or to provide comfort items for patients such as blankets, attending health fairs, and assisting at nursing facilities.
And there's Benefits!
1. Looks great on resumes!
2. You can use us as a reference!
3. Gain medical experience!
4. Obtain a sense of purpose and self-satisfaction!
If you are interested, please email me at email@example.com or call the office at 337-988-9778 . I look forward to having you on our team!
"Volunteers don't get paid, not because they're worthless, but because they're priceless"
*Amedisys is a leading provider of home health care and hospice services, focused on providing professional and personalized care for each and every patient in the comfort of his or her home.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
4021-B Ambassador Caffery Pkwy Suit 101337-988-9778Lafayette, LA 70503
- Hospice Care
- Elder care
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Spiritual Healing
- Bereavement Support
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteer as little or as much as you'd like!
- Copy of Auto Insurance Card (If applicable)