Have YOU ever wanted to bring comfort, joy, and support to the vulnerable? If your answer is YES then YOU are INVITED to become a part of a CARING AND COMPASSIONATE TEAM of hospice volunteers!
Hospice provides physical, emotional and spiritual support for terminally ill patients and their families. As little as a few hours a week can bring so much support to these patients and their families.
New hospice volunteers participate in free training that is available at your convenience on an individual or group basis. Training covers the hospice philosophy of care, volunteer roles, communication skills, the psychosocial, spiritual aspects of death, and the interdisciplinary approach to hospice care. On average, hospice volunteers give 4-8 hours per month.
- Direct Care Volunteers- These are volunteers, ages 16 and older, who provide direct support to a patient or family member through activities such as sitting with a patient to provide relief to a caregiver, helping those who are grieving, praying with a patient, reading, singing, or offering other services to assist with emotional or spiritual support.
- Bereavement Support Volunteers- There are volunteers, ages 16 and older, who provide emotional support to families who have lost their loved one with hospice through phone calls, mail-outs (cards & letters) and home visits.
- Special Projects Volunteers- These are volunteers of any age who are part of a group or work independently to provide support to the office staff or to provide comfort items for patients such as blankets, attending health fairs, and assisting at nursing facilities.
And there's Benefits!
1. Looks great on resumes!
2. You can use us as a reference!
3. Gain medical experience!
4. Obtain a sense of purpose and self-satisfaction!
If you are interested, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office at 337-988-9778 . I look forward to having you on our team!
"Volunteers don't get paid, not because they're worthless, but because they're priceless"
*Amedisys is a leading provider of home health care and hospice services, focused on providing professional and personalized care for each and every patient in the comfort of his or her home.
- Hospice Care
- Elder care
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Spiritual Healing
- Bereavement Support
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteer as little or as much as you'd like!
- Copy of Auto Insurance Card (If applicable)