Program: The Nutrition program prepares 72,000 meals a year. Meals are delivered to JFS’s three thriving Social and Wellness Centers for Adults 60+ and the JFSFoodmobile program. Hundreds of older adults enjoy the delicious kosher meals at the College Avenue Center (CAC) each year. At the College Avenue Center, meals are available by donation. No one is refused a meal if they cannot pay.
Goal of Position: To prepare for daily lunches by creating a welcoming restaurant atmosphere for older adult members. Volunteers serve each member with dignity and respect and make their dining experience enjoyable.
- Opportunity to help older adults feel welcomed at the College Avenue Center
- Opportunity to interact with older adults and learn their stories
- Set up meal tables with table clothes, flowers, cups and cutlery
- Wrap silverware
- Package bread for serving
- Greet older adult members as they enter lunch room
- Help members to their seat, if necessary
- Serve meals from the kitchen to tables
- Serve hot and cold beverages
- Bus tables after meals are completed
- Must be friendly, outgoing, cheerful, kind and courteous
- Enjoy working and interacting with older adults
- Must be able to move quickly while carrying hot and cold plates
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 13
- Development Administrative...
- Friendly Match: Mentor a Refugee...
- Food Pantry Downtown needs You...
- Prepare Warm Meals to Feed Your...
- Give Rides & Smiles! San Diego...
- Share your Knowledge, Talent,...
- Mandarin Translator
- Jewish BIGPals: Mentors Needed...
- Serve Lunch to Older Adults at...
- Corner Market Volunteer
- Food Pantry needs your help to...
- Blog & Social Media Internship
- Corner Market Volunteer: Restore...
- Child Activity Helper
- Bikkur Holim: Become a Friendly...
- On the Go Administrative Assistant
- Food Pantry Warehouse Volunteers...
- Nonprofit needs Reception...
- Activity Instructor/Facilitator
- Facilities Assitant