Great Plains Hospice
North Platte Area Ready to Serve Program (RSVP)
Great Plains Hospice provides support for patients, and their families, who have a terminal diagnosis so that they may remain at home and participate in life as fully as possible. Hospice volunteers may provide some of the following assistance:
- Daytime, evening, weekend and overnight respite care
- Companionship (visits, listen to concerns, play cards, read to the patient, provide music, or just simly be present and quiet)
- Meal preparation
- Help with thank you notes, cards etc. (this is especially helpful after death)
- Child care
- Assistance with transfers ( to and from bed, recliner, wheelchair, bathroom)
- Light housekeeping and yard assistance
- Spiritual Support ( prayer, read scripture, deliver communion)
- Pet care
If you are interested in assisting a family in their time of need please contact the RSVP office at 535-6777.
About North Platte Area Ready to Serve Program (RSVP)
901 East 10th Street, North Platte, NE 69101, US
The North Platte Area Ready to Serve Volunteer Program (RSVP) strives to fulfill two main objectives in North Platte and Lincoln County. To Engage volunteers of all ages to serve the community. To address the current and future needs of North Platte and the Lincoln County area.
The goal of the program is to promote the use of volunteers as community resources in coordinating and enhancing service to meet community needs. Acheivement of RSVP’s mission is facilitated by the coordinated use of the resources provided by the City of North Platte and the community.
RSVP also strives to:
Provide a multi-dimensional and practical approach to solving community needs.
Realize the full potential of volunteers willing to share their experience, wisdom and skills to meet the significant needs of our community.
Provide opportunities for community and volunteer involvement and support in the development and operation of the RSVP program.
Cooperate with agencies and organizations involved in the field of volunteerism.
Develop a sound, locally coordinated volunteer program with continuing community interest and support.