Great Plains Hospice provides support for patients, and their families, who have a terminal diagnosis so that they may remain at home and participate in life as fully as possible. Hospice volunteers may provide some of the following assistance:
- Daytime, evening, weekend and overnight respite care
- Companionship (visits, listen to concerns, play cards, read to the patient, provide music, or just simly be present and quiet)
- Meal preparation
- Help with thank you notes, cards etc. (this is especially helpful after death)
- Child care
- Assistance with transfers ( to and from bed, recliner, wheelchair, bathroom)
- Light housekeeping and yard assistance
- Spiritual Support ( prayer, read scripture, deliver communion)
- Pet care
If you are interested in assisting a family in their time of need please contact the RSVP office at 535-6777.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Relive History!
- North Platte Area RSVP Quilt...
- program for pregnant women or...
- Construction Connection
- Build Homes with Habitat For...
- Mailing Assistance
- Jack of All Trades!
- Love, to Quilt? Join Us!
- Let's Play and Learn at the...
- Front Desk Receptionist
- Food Pantry Assistance
- North Platte Senior Services...
- Tourist Greeter and Office...
- Golden Spike Tower and Visitor...
- Thrift Store Attendant
- TeamMates Mentoring Program
- Literacy Program--Preparing One...
- Bridge of Hope Child Advocacy...
- Love to rock babies and play...
- Be A Mentor; Change a Life