Visitor (Guest) Services & Assistance
Rochester General Hospital
Volunteers in this role:
- Greet and welcome patients, family members, staff and others entering the hospital lobby
- Walk patients and others from main entrances to wherever they need to go in the hospital
- Wheelchair assist those who are unable to walk long distances
Volunteers are needed
- Monday-Friday: 8am - 12pm, 12 - 4pm and 4 - 7pm
- Saturdays and Sundays: 9am - 1pm and 4pm - 7pm
Note: in these COVID times, volunteers in this assignment will wear the hospital's required personal protective equipment, namely, a face mask and plastic face shield.
Benefits of Volunteering:
- Free Parking
- $4.25 meal discount each day a 4-hour or more shift is donated
- Making a positive difference in the lives of others
- Being active, staying busy - volunteering has proven health benefits
- Making new friends, networking with and meeting new people
About Rochester General Hospital
1425 Portland Ave, Rochester, NY 14621, US
Rochester General Volunteer Services creates opportunities for volunteers to enrich the health and wellness of our diverse Rochester population.
528-bed acute care facility as well as a major teaching and referral center, providing multiple levels of care to Rochester and the Finger Lakes region.