Volunteers in the Adult Emergency Department
- Check in on patients to offer smiles, a listening ear, encouragement, blankets, and pillows
- Answer call lights to determine the patient's need (over 50% of the time the patient's needs are non-medical and can be met by the volunteer)
- Check in on family members and other loved ones with the patient. Offer food and drink, information, updates, etc.
Shifts: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., 2-6 p.m. and 5-9 p.m. every day of the week.
- People Skills
- Customer Service
- Relationship Building
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One 4-hour shift per week over minimum 13 weeks
- Health screening, including drug screen