FREE Volunteer; Hampton Roads, VA location
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
216 people are interested
The Foundation for Rehabilitation Equipment & Endowment (The FREE Foundation) is actively recruiting
volunteers for the new FREE of Richmond and FREE of SHR chapters. FREE helps those in need to find
independence and improve their quality of life by providing them with free mobility related rehabilitation
equipment. FREE gifts equipment, including walkers; canes; wheelchairs; power chairs; scooters; bedside
commodes; shower chairs; tub benches; and other mobility devices to adults in need and at risk
in communities around Virginia.
FREE needs volunteers in the following areas:
- Telephone, mail and email answering
- Equipment cleaning and repair
- Gift application processing
- Gifting and explanation of equipment use to recipients
- Public relations and marketing
- In service presentations to healthcare and other local organizations
- Finance management
- Strategic planning
- Volunteer recruiting, scheduling and training
- Inventory data entry and management
- Outcome telephone surveys
- Computer and network maintenance
Our chapter especially needs volunteers that are able to pickup donated items from Goodwill and bring to the site.
We'll work with your schedule.
828 Healthy Way DriveVirginia Beach, VA 23462
- People 55+