Children need proper nutrition to learn and stay active. Neighbors serves nutritious breakfasts and lunches to students during summer school. Individuals and groups of all ages are needed to help setup food lines, serve meals, and develop positive community relationships with students. Your support will provide students a healthy meal to get them through their day.
Ways to Help
- Server - help with light food prep and serve meals to students. This role is group friendly, youth friendly, and ESL friendly.
- Volunteer for a minimum of one shift at breakfast, lunch or both.
- Shifts vary by school site, but generally include:
- Monday - Thursday: 7:30 am - 10:00 am, and 10:30 am - 1:00 pm.
- Summer meals coincide with summer school schedules, but generally take place between mid-June and mid-August.
- School sites include grade schools and high schools in the northern Dakota County area.
- An ongoing commitment is preferred; however, short term and one-time volunteers are also welcome.
- Make a positive impact in your community with a team of dedicated volunteers and staff.
- Gain valuable experience working with individuals with special needs.
- Each year, volunteers serve nearly 45,000 meals to students in summer school.
At Neighbors, all donations and volunteer service directly supports the local community.
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 14
- Provide Fun Activities for...
- Spread Good Ole Holiday Cheer
- Events are a Fun and Easy Way to...
- Everybody Loves a Parade
- Make Friendly Phone Calls to our...
- Help Feed our Neighbors in Need
- Group Volunteering is a Fun Way...
- Retired and Want to Give Back
- Help Families Get Gently Used...
- Provide a Warm Welcome to...
- Help Feed Hungry Kids This Summer
- Remember the "good old days"...
- Habla Español? Do You Speak...
- Drive our Neighbors in Need to...
- Volunteer While on the Job Hunt