Introduce a child to outdoor education. Become a Docent!
1 person is interested
Docents are volunteer teachers, trained to work onsite with visiting elementary school children in Kindergarten, 2 nd, 3 rd, and 4 th grades. School Field trips generally occur between the months of August through November and March through May with a full training occurring in February.
- Docents facilitate all aspects of our elementary school programs:
- setting up and cleaning up all materials used for activities
- guiding groups of students through forest activities
- guiding groups of students on a trail walk
- participating in the introductory puppet show as puppeteer
- A curiosity about the natural world
- Friendly and enthusiastic personality
- Ability to speak in front of a group
- Physically able to walk Stretch Pebble Loop trail
- Physically able to sit and kneel on the ground
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
1375 S Walker RdPrescott, AZ 86303
- Teaching / Instruction
- Environmental Education
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Docents for the Highlands Center for Natural History 5 hour outdoor education sessions for students in k, 2nd, 3rd and 4th grades.
- Fingerprinting. CPR/First Aid