Foster homes help care for rescue dogs & cats as if they were their own. Furry Friends handles vet costs. Foster homes are responsible for caring for the animal, housing and basic training. They need to be able to drive their animals to vet appt. Drive to our weekly Adoption Showcases in Fremont or Mountain View on Saturday's.
Our foster homes provide sanctuary for our rescued animals, so we can only save as many lives as we have foster homes.
Please read & fill out our application to foster: https://www.furryfriendsrescue.org/about_us/foster_home_network
Each friendly dog or cat we rescue is first vet checked and vaccinated, groomed, dewormed, spay/neutered and ID Chipped/ID tagged. We try to match the rescue dog or cat (size, age, activity level & personality) to the foster home's enviroment and lifestyle. We provide all the basic supplies, cover any needed vet expenses with our authorized vets, and guidance from our experienced foster counselors and trainers. The dog or cat then gets TLC, basic home training and relaxes at your home until their perfect home finds them via our website or adoption showcases. Home visits are done for every adoption to insure safety and quality loving home for life. We strive for adoption for life, not short term. We look for the best match for the dog or cat so they will be a cherished family member. The foster home parents play an important part in the interview process to insure a match for their foster dog or cat. They are welcome to go on the home visits if they like or want to be trained. Back up "pet-sitting" for the foster animal is also provided. Open your heart and home to a rescued dog, puppy, cat or kitten. Feel the warmth in your heart and know that you are his or her Guardian Angel. Just look into their thankful and happy eyes. Be a HERO!!!!
- Animal Care / Handling
- Animal Therapy
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Daily to home foster dog or cat.
- Must love dogs or cats as inside family member. Supv with someone home 3-5 hours. Walk dog daily.
- Dog Transporters - San Francisco...
- Dog Foster Home - East Bay Area
- Dog Foster Parent - Los Altos Area
- Dog Foster Home - Sunnyvale Area
- Dog Foster Home - Silicon Valley...
- Dog Foster Home - Bay Area
- Web Photo Loaders
- Dog Foster Home - Hayward Area
- Dog Foster Home - Tri-City Region
- Digital Photographers/Web Photo...
- Dog Adoption Showcase, Adult...
- Dog & Cat Foster Home
- Dog Foster Parent - San...
- Puppy Foster Parent - San...
- Kitten Foster Parent - San...
- Digital Photographer
- Dog Adoption Showcase...
- Dog Adoption Showcases, Adult...
- Cat Adoption Showcase Assistant,...
- Junior Dog Adoption Showcase...