Hedonisia Hawaii is a sustainable community tucked away in the lush rainforests of Big Island, Hawaii. We offer a unique volunteer program that allows visitors to enjoy an affordable stay in paradise!
Hedonisia Fair-Trade Volunteer Program. This program is an opportunity for volunteer ecotourists to enjoy an affordable working vacation in the Hawaiian rainforest!
'Work as a Workout' vacation! Volunteer work can be challenging or easy depending on your health and enthusiasm. Many volunteers who come here enjoy working in the land, clearing jungle, landscaping, trail building, tree maintenance or tropical agriculture.
For those who like to work 'indoors', we have cleaning and maintenance duties for our community lodgings and facilities!
EcoFeminist WebWork. As an eco-feminist community, we manage a number of web projects with a global reach. Volunteers with writing, research or web skills can support our community and social enterprise web projects while living and working in paradise!Volunteer Contribution Details
- 12 hours Volunteer Work per Week of Stay.
- 4-day work week! Monday - Thursday.
- 3-hour shifts from 9:30-12:30pm. Afternoons free!
- Friday, Saturday & Sunday - No work! Every week has a long weekend!
- Aloha Friday - Fruit Harvest & Lava Tube or Crater Tour (optional)
There is a fee for this volunteer opportunity: $120 for the 1st Tryout week and $60 each week thereafter. This is a very affordable way to enjoy a working vacation in Hawaii!
- Web Design
- Graphic Design / Print
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Habitat Restoration
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 1 week minimum. 3 months maximum.
- Live and volunteer on paradise for a healthy, educational vacation!
- Wordpress Design, Plugins,...
- EcoSensual Natural Birth Control...
- Portland OR Micro-Community:...
- Graphic Design &/or Video...
- Volunteer at Hedonisia Hawaii...
- Reproductive Rights Research &...
- SEO, Social Media & Web PR Expert
- EcoFeminist Entrepreneur!...
- Research Writer for EcoSexFund.org
- Writing & Research Editor:...