4C for Children invites you to become involved in a new kindergarten readiness program that will help children learn through play. The target audience for this outreach effort is stay-at-home parents as well as family, friend and neighbor caregivers--and the children (birth to age 5) in their care.
4C is facilitating bi-weekly Play & Learn Groups in nine Ohio and Kentucky communities. Volunteers must be willing to commit at least one two-hour time block each month--but twice monthly is preferable so relationships can be built with children and the adults who care for them.
Among volunteers’ responsibilities: helping set up and clean up each Play & Learn session; assisting 4C staff in modeling best practice methods for interacting with children during play; helping caregivers build supportive relationships with each other.
- Interview with Volunteer Coordinator
- Undergo criminal and child abuse background checks
- Complete a six-hour 4C orientation/training
- Respect various cultural approaches to child-rearing
- Actively participate and interact with children and families in the group
- Child Development
- Community Outreach
- Teaching / Instruction
- Group Facilitation
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One two-hour time block each month