To provide troop activities based on the Girl Scout Leadership model through partnership with girls, families, and other adults
- Attend or send representation to monthly Service Unit leader meetings.
- Be a role model for other Girl Scouts, both girls and adults.
- Ensure that all girls and other active adults with the troop are registered.
- Respect the individual differences of all girls and adults.
- Meet with the troop on a regular and agreed upon basis.
- Help girls take responsibility of the planning and evaluation of troop activities by implementing girl/adult planning.
- Regularly communicate troop plans with parents to gain their support and cooperation.
- Know the Girl Scout program resources and activities available to girls and leaders.
- Seek and encourage participation of outside individuals who can enrich the Girl Scout program by sharing their skills or knowledge.
- Ensure that troop records are maintained.
- Maintain (or delegate) responsibility for the financial management of all troop funds in accordance with the Council's policies and procedures. Submit an annual financial report.
- Maintain troop treasury as troop money to be spent on activities, events, or items for the troop as a whole (agreed upon by the girls).
- Obtain proper approval for troop trips and money-raising projects.
- Obtained a sign troop Sponsorship Agreement, if applicable.
- Participate in a personal performance assessment annually.
- Be guided in all actions by the Girl Scout Mission, Promise, and Law
- Remain informed about and comply with the most current policies, procedures, and guidelines of GSNIM and GSUSA.
Opportunities Available throughout the Benton Harbor area.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training