Companion Visitor- Glen Ellyn, Wheaton, Lombard
67 people are interested
Are you a good listener? Are you looking to serve your community with purpose? Become a Heartland Volunteer! Our Volunteers are the heart of our hospice team. We depend on our hospice volunteers to help us provide the extra care our patients and their families need. Volunteers have a tremendous impact on the lives of the patients that they serve.
Volunteers offer support, companionship and compassionate help to our patients:
- Volunteers provide a nurturing environment for patients and families.
- Volunteers spend time with our patients sitting, talking, reading & listening to music.
- Many patients are unable to get out and socialize as they used to. Our Volunteers bring the socialization to them and help to decrease feelings of isolation.
As a hospice volunteer, you will be oriented to the hospice program so you can understand our caring philosophy and goals. Volunteers have a critical contribution to the hospice experience. We work with your schedule & match you with patients in your community, so contact us today and let's make a difference together! Our screening process includes an application, background check and in-person training.
Volunteers offer support to our patients in facilities or private homes in the Glen Ellyn, Wheaton & Lombard areas.
We'll work with your schedule.
Hospice patients throughout theWestern suburbsWestmont, IL 60559
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Hospice Care
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 30 minutes 2 times per month.
- 2 step TB test provided by Heartland