Are you interested in welcoming refugees in Chattanooga? Bridge has ongoing volunteer opportunities throughout the year, as well as internship opportunities.
Bridge needs volunteers of all kinds who want to:
- Greet arriving families or individuals at the airport. Drive refugees to and from appointments they are required to attend.
- Become a friend/mentor to an individual or family to help provide cultural and community orientation to help them feel more at home in Chattanooga.
- Grocery shop for culturally appropriate foods for newly arriving families.
- Greet arriving families or individuals at the airport.
- Tutor English as a second language.
- Translate at appointments (Spanish and Arabic)
- Provide a pick-up truck and your time to move household items.
- Help with IT needs in the office.
- What else? We would love to see how your gifts and skills could match with our organization to make Chattanooga a welcoming home for refugees!
- Cross-cultural Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training