Parent Support Group Facilitator (Leominster/Fitchburg)
DONATE TO THIS
6 people are interested
Parents Helping Parents: Empowering parents to nurture children and prevent child abuse.
Parents Helping Parents runs a network of support groups for parents who want to improve relationships with their children. Parents come to our support groups seeking encouragement and feedback on parenting-related issues. Shared leadership, trust, respect, responsibility, and positive parenting are key components of our support groups. Our groups provided a safe, supportive, and non-judgmental environment for creating positive and caring peer relationships. Our approach is preventative; once the emotional support of the parent has been strengthened, a parent is better able to actively guide and nurture the family.
We need a volunteer (you!) to act as a group facilitator for a parent support group in the Fitchburg area. As a facilitator, you will be maintaining the safe, supportive, and non-judgmental environment which characterizes our support groups.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of stressors within a family that could potentially trigger child abuse and/or neglect
- Have previous experience working with parents and families
- 2 days of training held in our main office in Watertown, MA.
- 1 year commitment meeting with groups weekly on Fridays from 10am to 11am.
We'll work with your schedule.
100 Erdman WayLeominster, MA 01453
- Mental Health
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Family Therapy
- Crisis Intervention
- Child Welfare
- Relationship Building
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 1 year; 1.5hrs per week; 14hrs training