Help Line Crisis Counselors
367 people are interested
The STOMP Out Bullying HelpChat Line is a national and free crisis HelpChat Line. Volunteers use our web-based platform to provide emotional support to youth who are bullied, cyberbullied and at-risk for suicide.
By becoming a volunteer crisis counselor, you’ll join a community of passionate volunteers who help students, save lives and are enriched through a truly meaningful experience.
The role of the crisis line volunteer is to provide support and assistance to victims via our HelpChat Line.
This includes listening, making appropriate referrals, and providing crisis intervention, while maintaining the highest levels of confidentiality. The role of the volunteer advocate is to provide support and assistance to youth 13-24.
Beginning with a comprehensive training program and continuing with on-going supervision and advanced trainings, STOMP Out Bullying(tm) ensures that each and every Crisis Counselor is prepared to deal with the wide range of issues they will confront on its Help Line. The online intensive Volunteer Training Program is taught by our experts. It is dynamic and highly interactive.
As a volunteer Help Chat Counselor, we offer a flexible schedule, but you would be asked to make a commitment to serve a certain number of hours per month. Pick the days and times that work best for you!
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must be at least a senior undergraduate or graduate student with a background in social work, psychology, or crisis hotline experience.
- All volunteers are virtual, so candidates must be very tech savvy, and must have their own computers with high speed connections. Working from mobile devices is not permitted.
- Must complete application and background check
- Must have an interest in working with youth who are bullied, cyberbullied and who may be at risk for suicide
- Must be patient, detail-oriented and thorough and have excellent communications skills
- Commitment levels: MUST COMMIT TO A MINIMUM OF 6 MONTHS. Each month you must commit to volunteer a minimum of 12 hours a month -- which must include 3 four-hour evening shifts. However more monthly hours are desired.
- All volunteers must attend two online training sessions
- All volunteers must be able to read, write and fluently converse in English. Having a second language is a plus.
- All volunteers must connect with us on a regular basis per week, show a strong commitment, be reliable, show up for shifts and be accountable.
If you qualify, are interested, and can seriously make the commitment then we would love to hear from you. Please submit your resume(.pdf) and cover letter to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- Crisis Counseling
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 6 month commitment