There is an ongoing need for Confidential Sexual Violence Advocates (CSVAs) to respond to the center's 24-hour hotline, which may involve crisis intervention, providing emotional support, offering referrals, and/or providing in-person medical/legal accompaniment to victims of sexual violence. The Union County Rape Crisis Center offers a free, state-mandated training in order to equip volunteers with the knowledge and skills to assist victims of sexual violence. No prior experience/training is necessary. At present, we are implementing evening training opportunities from March 22nd through May 10th 2018.
- Resident of Union County, NJ
- 18 years of age or older
- Valid U.S. driver's license
- Personal (own) means of transportation (i.e. a car)
- Informal interview (during business hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.)
- Attendance at all CSVA training sessions
For additional information, please visit us online at: http://www.unioncountyrapecrisiscenter.blogspot.com/.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training