Passionate about social justice? Volunteer with us!
89 people are interested
CWEALF seeks passionate volunteers to staff our Information and Referral (I&R) line. Our Information & Referral program is a unique service that works to guarantee equal access to justice for all Connecticut residents. Trained volunteers answer calls and emails to provide clients with free legal information on family law, employment law, educational equity and civil rights, as well as attorney and social service referrals.
Because we provide I&R volunteers with in-depth training, we ask volunteers to commit to approximately six months of service. No previous experience required.
This volunteer opportunity directly helps people in the community. Responsibilities include:
- Answering telephone calls and email inquiries on legal matters such as family or workplace issues
- Collecting demographics and inputting data into our software
- A minimum commitment of six months
- Must be available at least 1-2 days per week for a minimum of 2-3 hours per day, between Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. (specific days are flexible)
- Compassionate and ability to work with diverse populations
- Good listener and problem solver
- Spanish speakers and speakers of other languages a plus
This is a highly rewarding volunteer opportunity and we provide the training you will need. We welcome volunteers of all industries and backgrounds. No previous experience required.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
75 Charter Oak Avenue, Suite 1-300Suite 1-300Hartford, CT 06106
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
- Must be at least 18
- Minimum 6 month commitment
- Available for 2-3 hour shifts during office hours