CWEALF seeks passionate volunteers to staff our Information and Referral (I&R) line. Our Information & Referral program is a unique service that works to guarantee equal access to justice for all Connecticut residents. Trained volunteers answer calls and emails to provide clients with free legal information on family law, employment law, educational equity and civil rights, as well as attorney and social service referrals.
Because we provide I&R volunteers with in-depth training we ask volunteers to commit to at least six months of service.
- Answering telephone calls and email inquiries regarding legal matters
- Collecting demographics and inputting data into our software
- A minimum commitment of six months
- Must be available for two to four hour shifts between Mondays-Fridays, 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Compassionate and ability to work with diverse populations
- Spanish speakers a plus
This is a highly rewarding volunteer opportunity and there is no previous experience required.
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Minimum 6 month commitment
- Available for 2-3 hour shifts during office hours