Share a Smile - South Dayton
13 people are interested
Just a few hours a month providing companionship to a hospice patient makes a HUGE difference in someone's life. Will you make the time?
Hospice will work around your schedule, location and comfort level. Our training program is well organized and you'll receive as much support as you need!
- Patient /Family Support: Provide companion visits and caregiver support (1-3 hour intervals), pet visitation, massage therapy, run errands, conduct a Life Review (record a patient's life history through personal interview).
- Bereavement Volunteer: Under the direction of our Bereavement Coordinator, volunteers make support phone calls to the bereaved to provide encouragement and coaching through the grief process. They may also serve as support group facilitators and coordinate and participate in remembrance ceremonies.
- Office Assistance: We are always in need of help with creating admission packets for our patients/families and physicians, filing, photocopying, mail processing and other office work.
- Miscellaneous: Volunteers make small memory boxes, quilts, pillows, knit scarves, scrapbook, create photo collages for patients and their families to create a lasting commemoration of the life of the patient. Volunteers also lead programs and special events in the community and at nursing homes and assisted living facilities.
- Interpersonal communication skills: Volunteers must be compassionate, a good listener.
Completion of comprehensive orientation and training program, background check, TB test required prior to volunteering. Flexible.
If this is something you are interested in please call Samantha Fox today at 513.592.1873 or email at email@example.com
About Compassus Hospice and Palliative Care
Dayton & Cincinnati, Dayton, OH 45459, US
MISSION STATEMENT: To provide compassionate, individualized end of life service to patients and families.
Compassus Hospice serves Dayton, Cincinnati and surrounding communities providing end of life care.
At the heart of hospice is the belief that everyone has the right to dignity and freedom from pain at the end of life.
That's why Compassus creates personalized care plans, giving patients the specific care they need and deserve.
Hospice is a service brought to the patient wherever they live. We focus on reducing physical and emotional suffering during the final stages of illness, and increases the quality of life for patients, their families and loved ones.
Volunteers typically travel 5-20 miles from their home or work addresses to visits patients 2-4X a month.
We'll work with your schedule.
Dayton SouthDayton South, OH 45449
- Mental Health
- Administrative Support
- Patient Care
- Spiritual Healing
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 6 months to a year