VITAS Innovative Hospice Care is looking for kind and caring people to help terminally ill patients and their families -- just by being there.
Many of our patients live at home with family members or friends who rarely get the opportunity to leave the house because they are devoted to caring for their ill loved ones. Respite care (sitting with a patient while the caregiver takes a break) is one of our biggest volunteer needs.
For caregivers to have the opportunity to run an errand, go see a movie, go to a doctor’s appointment or go on an outing can work wonders to renew their energy and better equip them for the responsibilities of care-giving.
We are especially looking for volunteers who would be available during daytime, weekday hours but weekends or evenings are also helpful. Opportunities are flexible.
Must be at least 18 years old. No clinical experience is needed. Will provide training.
- Spiritual Healing
- Veteran Care
- Animal Therapy
- Bereavement Support
- Hospice Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Must be at least 18 years old
- SEWING VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!
- Volunteer With Your Pet! Become...
- Become a VITAS hospice...
- Have a great pet? Share the love...
- Do you live in North...
- Want to work in a great office?...
- VITAS needs you...become a...
- Live at the beach and have a...
- Know how to sew? Use your talent...
- Administrative Volunteers...