VITAS Healthcare is a provider of hospice services and we are looking for kind and caring people to help terminally ill patients and their families.
Friendly visits, simple errands, providing a listening ear and the gift of friendship at a crucial time can make a real difference in another's life.
Patient care volunteer activities include: relief care (sitting with a patient while the caregiver takes a break); friendly visits to patients and their families at home or in a nursing home; help with light housekeeping;run errands to the grocery store, drug store, post office; assist with programs and special events.
No clinical experience is needed. Volunteers do not perform clinical care but instead provide companionship and comfort to patients and families.
- Patient Care
- Veteran Care
- Animal Therapy
- Bereavement Support
- Hospice Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- SEWING VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!
- Volunteer With Your Pet! Become...
- Become a VITAS hospice...
- Have a great pet? Share the love...
- Do you live in North...
- Want to work in a great office?...
- VITAS needs you...become a...
- Live at the beach and have a...
- Know how to sew? Use your talent...
- Administrative Volunteers...