A mentor meets with his/her student for 30 minutes at school once a week for the entire school year. Opportunities are available at participating middle and high schools throughout Broward County.
Take Stock in Children is a unique mentoring program that provides low-income students with:
- A college tuition scholarship;
- A caring mentor;
- Support from a skilled student advocate; and
- College and career preparation.
Enrolled between 6th and 9th grades (and committed to the program until high school graduation) students make a commitment to:
- Stay in school;
- Get a "C" or above in every class;
- Remain drug and crime free;
- Maintain good behavior and attendance; and
- Meet with a mentor weekly at school.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- ...at least 30 minutes, once a week.