Are you addicted to creating stories with images. Can you capture the moment in the blink of an eye? Do you care about the environment and have a passion for photography?
Then we want you on the team!
What's Your Impact (WYI) is an environmental awareness group whose main goal is to inform people about global warming and what they can do about it as individuals.
WYI needs people who are artists with the camera, using a blend of technical skills and an artistic eye to bring a fresh perspective to people, places and landscapes.
If you enjoy taking dynamic pictures of the world around you and want to use these skills to make a difference in the fight to stop climate change, then we want you to join our team!This is also available as a virtual volunteer opportunity.
- Light and photograph different subjects or places for publications and online uses.
- Process, edit, colour correct, and retouch of images as required.
- Help the team determine what images are needed and how to best use them.
- Select and assemble photography equipment for each photo shoot according to subject material, anticipated conditions, and knowledge of camera function, lenses, and accessories.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures of photography (digital file types, file sizes, color space, image resolution, image optimization, color correction, photo-styling, studio and location lighting, shooting in RAW and JPG formats).
- Solid knowledge of Photoshop, Gimp or other photography specific software
- Relevant experience (professional/non-professional) including a portoflio of your body of work.
- Maintain an in depth understanding of photographic best practices and procedures.
- A degree in Photography, Media studies, Digital imaging or another related field would be an asset.
Time Commitment: You are in control. Our volunteers are required to do 1-2 hours of work per week. We use a team approach so that the workload is flexible based on the time you can give us on a given week. That way you are in control of how many hours you volunteer.
Employment Type: Volunteer Position. Support a cause you are passionate about all while expanding your professional experience.
Volunteering at What's Your Impact - what's in it for me?
- Working alongside individuals who share your values and are passionate about the environment
- Gaining valuable experience working in the non-profit sector
- Having the ability to work on projects that match your passions
- Expanding your professional portfolio/CV
- Professional reference letter based on performance after a minimum of 8 weeks of volunteering
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment