Careers with a Cause
The YMCA of San Francisco was named as one of the Bay Area's Best Places to Work by its employees as well as one of the Healthiest Employers. Join our team and make a lasting impact every day in communities across San Francisco, San Mateo and Marin Counties. Every day, our staff/volunteers-of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences-are transforming lives through YMCA programs for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. When you work for the Y, you’ll be supported with training, mentoring and career development opportunities.About the Job
The Group Exercise Instructor is responsible for demonstrating the YMCA core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility while delivering impactful wellness services to participants. The end result of his/her instruction is to affect a positive change in the wellness of the members of the YMCA of San Francisco, and surrounding communities. This position requires enthusiasm and a desire to motivate and help others to improve upon or attain their health and wellness goals. It is concerned primarily with maintaining a safe, quality program following guidelines set by the YMCA of the USA, ACE, AFAA or other approved fitness governing bodiesMinimum Qualifications
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- Must have understanding of the YMCA movement, mission, and vision.
- CPR/AED/First Aid within 30 days of hire
- Healthy Lifestyle Principles of the YMCA online training within 30 days of hire
- Group Exercise at the Y online training within 30 days of hire.
- Incumbent is required to stay up to date with releases.
246 Eddy StSan Francisco, CA 94102
- Dance / Aerobics
- Fitness Instruction
- Must be at least 18
- 1-2 hrs per week
- knowledge of YMCA core values and Zumba License.