Whether you're a wanna-be chef, great at ordering tasty take out or simply enjoy throwing a quick meal together - we need your help!
Girls Hope of Pittsburgh is looking for dinner helpers for both of our homes, located in Baden and Coraopolis. Dinner volunteers provide a meal for the house, and are welcome to join the family for dinner if they choose.
Dinner parents can bring a purchased meal, bring ingredients to prepare a meal at the house with the scholars or bring a premade meal to reheat at the house.
- Flexible commitment - come as little or as often as you want.
- Get to know the scholars around the dinner table
- Great opportunity for youth/church groups, professional organizations or a group of friends to prepare the meal together in the convenience of their own home.
- Clearances are not necessary for groups that drop off the meal.
Girls Hope provides a well-balanced, nurturing home and quality education through college for academically capable girls. We serve children between the ages of 10-18 who are at risk due to poverty, neglect or harmful neighborhood conditions. For more information about this opportunity, contact Girls Hope's AmeriCorps volunteer coordinator, Alice Curry, at 412-329-7172 EXT. 104 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For information about Girls Hope or other volunteer opportunities, visit www.girlshope.org
- Cooking / Catering
- Youth Services
- Food Delivery / Distribution
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment