Volunteer Licensed Practical Nurse will:
- Assist the physician as needed in providing care and treatment to clients of the House of Hope Medical Clinic.
- Cooperate with the RN or supervisor and other volunteers to provide care and treatment or procedures to be performed, as ordered by the physician.
- Provide clear documentation on patient records per clinic policies.
- Document all procedures such as injections, wound care, referrals on clinic forms and patient medical records.
- Instruct patients as needed and as ordered regarding referrals to outside agencies and educational needs.
- Delegate duties to unlicensed volunteer staff as is appropriate and within the scope of their abilities.
- Perform procedures and tasks within LPN licensing guidelines and proficiency in performing.
- Clean work areas, discarding all garbage, following the House of Hope Medical Clinic and OSHA guidelines.
- Refer to House of Hope Medical Clinic manuals for specific guidelines and policies of operation.
- Read communication notebook/bulletins regularly to be familiar with any changes in policy or operations.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- <p><ul><li>Current unrestricted license as LPN in the state of MD</li><li>Familiarity and appreciation for the mission of the House of Hope Medical Clinic</li></ul></p>
- Respiratory Therapist
- Volunteer Licensed Practical Nurse
- In-Kind Donation Help
- After School Facilitator
- Nurse Practitioner
- Physician Assistant
- Volunteer Unlicensed Medical...
- Event Volunteer
- 5K Walk/Run Organizer!
- Volunteer Registered Nurse
- Medical Assistant, Work Experience
- Eligibility Interviewer at The...