Volunteer Personal Stylist
38 people are interested
Are you a kind, encouraging woman who enjoys building other women up, bringing out the best in them, and helping them succeed in their careers?
You would be a great fit for volunteering at Dress for Success Wichita. We are a group of supportive women, empowering other women. Our mission is to help women feel confident and empowered to take on new jobs.
Volunteer Stylists work directly with clients. You are the front line of delivering our mission of inspiring confidence and empowering women to go on interviews, start new jobs, and thrive in their career.
Help clients get set up with "the works" for work. This includes helping clients build an outfit they LOVE and feel great in. Outfits include a suit, blouse, shoes, purse, jewelry, new makeup, new undergarments, and personal care products (ex: toothpaste, soaps, etc).
It's amazing to see the transformation in women over the course of their appointment. You can help women leave here feeling happy, excited, and ready to take on new jobs.
You do this by providing individualized attention, encouragement, and a supportive environment for the client during her suiting appointment.
- Greeting the client and explaining our suiting process.
- Working with clients to build an outfit they look and feel great in.
- Assisting the client in the dressing room by providing feedback on selections.
- People skills to help the client feel empowered to drive the experience, while also providing helpful feedback to build a professional look.
- Helping clients feel confident and inspired.
- Informing the client about the additional services Dress for Success can offer.
- Straightening the dressing area after the client leaves.
- Each appointment is generally 1 - 1.5 hours.
Volunteer must be comfortable standing for 2 hour periods and going up and down stairs. Must be 18 or older and have reliable transportation.
Volunteer Stylist opportunities are currently only available Tuesday-Thursday, 9 to 5, as well as on the LAST Saturday of each month from 10 to 2.
**This is an unpaid volunteer position at Dress for Success Wichita's office at 1422 N High St, near 13th & West in Wichita.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Dress for Success Wichita
1422 N. High, Wichita, KS 67203, US
Dress for Success Wichita inspires confidence and empowers women in their careers. The mission of Dress for Success is to empower women to achieve economic independence. We provide a network of support, professional attire, and development tools to help women thrive in their careers.
HOW IT WORKS
Our team helps build the confidence women need to gain and start a new job.
Interview Suiting: Each client chooses an interview suit she feels confident in. Plus shoes, handbag, accessories, new makeup, new undergarments, and personal care items.
Employment Suiting: She Got the Job! We provide a professional wardrobe of "everyday" work wear, shoes, and accessories.
Career Center: Dress for Success Wichita provides career coaching, resume support, and mock interviews.
Professional Development: We also provide a network of support through our monthly "Thursday Thrive" meetings. These nights include professional development classes, dinner, and inspiring speakers.
We'll work with your schedule.
1422 N. HighWichita, KS 67203
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Professional Development
- Social Work
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible, appointments are 1 - 2 hrs on either Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday OR between 10-2 on the last Saturday of each month.
- Interest in supporting women in work