82 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: Human Services Network of Colorado
Please visit the new page to apply.
82 people are interested
The governing body of The Network is the Board of Directors, which establishes policy and directs the activities of the organization and Training Team. Members govern the overall direction of the Network and provide input and resources to the organization’s programs. Participation in a leadership role offers a chance to be a key player in shaping the Network’s future and to gain practical leadership experience, along with developing a network of professional contacts.
The Board reviews and makes recommendations regarding training activities, approves policies, and makes decisions regarding organizational finances. Board members serve as officers, Team co-chairs or appointed representatives. Members are elected each June to serve two-year terms beginning in July, with a limit of two terms. The Board meets monthly and requires a time commitment of six hours monthly.
Board Members are expected to:
- Be a member of the Network
- Make a financial contribution to the organization
- Attend all board meetings
- Provide input to operations
- As able, participate in training events, events, and fundraising efforts
- Promote the Network to colleagues and community
- Board members are responsible for the financial success of the organization, including funds from contributions, training attendees and memberships.
3 More opportunities with Human Services Network of Colorado1 Review
About Human Services Network of Colorado
1940 S Locust Street, Denver, CO 80224, US
The Human Services Network of Colorado creates opportunities to improve the quality and integrity of service provision by human services professionals to the populations they serve.
The Human Services Network needs human service workers to band together to support the network in providing workshops, networking opportunities and spreading the word about effective human services in order to improve the quality of life for our communities' most vulnerable populations. Most of what we accomplish in our organization is done through self-motivated volunteers and an active cadre of key leaders and board members.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
May 2, 2023
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Critical Thinking
- Community Outreach
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Four to six hours per month
- Availability to attend the board's virtual meeting on the 3rd Wednesday of the month from 6:30 to 8 pm. Participation on one of our volunteer teams in addition to being on the board.