Global Potential (GP) transforms youth from underserved communities through education, service learning and cultural exchange into globally competitive leaders of positive change in their lives and communities. GP is an 16-month transformative after-school and summer program that works with 500 youth a year in New York City. The GP program includes 14.5 months of workshops locally and 1.5 months of international service learning and cultural exchange in the Dominican Republic, Haiti, and Nicaragua.
JOB SUMMARY Global Potential (GP) is looking for energetic and motivated Operations Manager to assist with office operations, communication and administrative office matters.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collect and transfer data and files to Salesforce Database and other file sharing systems
- Reorganize the Google Drive Folders
- Consistently update and maintain databases and systems to maintain positive relationships with stakeholders
- Record incoming checks and donations
- Setup and coordinate meetings and conferences
- Maintain and distribute staff weekly schedules
- Organize GP participant files to assure proper record keeping procedures
- Perform and oversee a variety of general office support assignments.
- Attend GP staff meetings as requested to remain current with Global Potential's activities and to provide feedback and suggestions
- Prepare minutes of the meetings and distribute among the staff Attend trainings, conferences, external meetings, or networking events as needed and when appropriate
- Support staff in assigned project based work
- Prepare and distribute contracts/waivers for volunteers, interns, staff
- Maintain hard copy and electronic filing system
- Perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to: photocopying, faxing, mailing, and filing
- Assume receptionist duties, greet public and refer them to appropriate staff members, answer phone, route calls, and take messages
- Other opportunities available based on experience and interest of interns
Skills and Knowledge
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, enthusiastic personality
- Ability to work independently and creatively, as well as part of a team
- Solid communication, organizational and time management skills
- Basic computer skills such as Microsoft office, Excel, printing, faxing, photocopying
- A willingness to work with and/or learn systems such as Myemma, Salesforce
- Knowledge of Salesforce a plus
Education: College or Bachelors degree, or equivalent experience.
- Administrative Support
- Executive Admin
- Customer Service
- Office Management
- Data Entry
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 6 months minimum
- 10-15 hours approximately
- Salesforce Database Coordinator
- Summer Abroad: Youth Development...
- Social Media Coordinator
- Youth Ambassador Program...
- Salesforce Database Manager
- Volunteer Operations Manager
- Gala Fundraising Coordinator
- Youth Ambassador Program Intern
- Video Educator
- Human Resources Coordinator
- Summer Youth Facilitator
- International Program Associate
- IT Coordinator
- Youth Ambassador Program...
- College and Career Readiness...