McLaren Hospice is seeking pet therapy volunteers to visit hospice patients in nursing facilities, and/or in their own homes.
As you may know, pet therapy provides a service that is unique and often fills a gap in need for the patient that the human touch simply cannot. This is due to the pet's unspoken connection with the patient. We have many stories from our current pet therapists regarding this connection that we can share!
Please consider joining our team so that we might reach terminally ill patients with the blessing of pet therapy.
Pets must complete a certified pet therapy program prior to volunteering with hospice.
- Animal Therapy
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Blue Water Area- Residential...
- Bedside Volunteer - Macomb
- Blue Water Area Volunteer
- Bedside Volunteer - Oakland
- Help McLaren Provide Support for...
- Hospice Volunteer -...
- Help McLaren Help Families!
- Make a Hospice Patients Day a...
- Licensed Cosmetologist for Hospice
- Hospice Office Volunteer -...
- Bedside Volunteer - Flint
- Beside Volunteer Port Huron
- Blue Water Area - Pet Therapy
- Office Volunteer - Davison
- What does a Hospice Volunteer Do?
- Bedside Volunteer - Lapeer
- Emotional, Spiritual Support
- Blue Water Area - Music to Make...
- Companionship Volunteer -...
- Pet Therapy -...