The Tech Museum of Innovation is no ordinary museum, and our volunteers are not ordinary museum docents. The Tech serves a diverse population, including international visitors, local families, and school groups. We often have over 1000 students visiting the museum for field trips on a given day. Volunteers have the opportunity to staff exhibits and interact with museum visitors. A typical day could include helping guests experience the power of major world earthquakes, leading kids in simple hands-on science projects, or letting visitors feel what maneuvering in space is like in the "Jet Pack" simulation.
You don't have to be a teacher or an engineer to succeed as a volunteer. We provide hands-on training and mentorship to ensure your success. If you are 18 or older, enjoy talking and working with people, we know you'll enjoy joining our close-knit community of Silicon Valley supporters.
If you are trying to volunteer around a busy schedule, we have the perfect fit for you. We are looking for volunteers to come in for evening events. You just have to volunteer for at least two evening events per month.
We also have regular (weekly or biweekly) shifts, from 8:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. or 12:30 - 5:00 p.m. on Monday through Friday.
Please note - Our high school volunteer program has reached applicant capacity. Please check back for any high school openings.
Benefits of volunteering include:
* Free museum entry and educational IMAX films
* Free downtown parking during your volunteer shift
* Discount on special traveling exhibits for you and your family
* Discount in the store, cafe, and Hollywood IMAX films
* Ongoing training and support for an exciting and rewarding volunteer experience
* Meeting a diverse group of co-volunteers and guests
If you are interested in volunteering, please complete an online application, located on our website: http://www.thetech.org/about-us/volunteer
If you have questions, please get in touch with us at (408) 795-6205 or email the address above.
- General Education
- Math / Science Instruction
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Two 4 hour shifts per month
- Comfortable with english language, speaking with people, love of science